10/05/2010

Nineteen, twenty-one chap 4; Akuma to Love Song chap 44; Billion Princess chap 19-20, Watashi ni XX Shinasai chap 17

image from mangafox
What a delightful... uhmm... afternoon! Looks like I took my time before I started up a computer :P I've decided to write today about 'Nineteen, Twenty-one' and 'Honey & Clover' anime if there wouldn't be any updates. And what I see? New chap of 'Nineteen, Twenty-one' on mangafox ^^ A coincidence or destiny? And huge upload on mangareader! My beloved XX Shina and Akuma to Love song. I'm so happy!
Nineteen, Twenty-one
stats:
Manga Fox Rank: 136
Categories: shoujo, romance, full color, cats
Author: John
Artist: Jenna
Start Date: 2010
Chapters: 4 - ongoing


What I have to say at the beginning is that I do adore the art of this manhwa. I really, really do. So there are 4 pics as samples. I hope they give you an idea of what's inside the comic *_*
image from mangafox
Storyline: Jun-lee is a girl who 2 years after accident is starting to live normally again. All her friends lives moved on. She is the only one who is at the beginning of adulthood. Dong-hwi is 19-year old school leaver. He doesn't want to became an adult. Because of that he plans to enjoy days carefree before turning 20. They meet while feeding wild cats. Will they be able to help each other in searching for a sense of  an adulthood?

The story goes at its own pace. After 4 chaps we still don't know much about characters. However, the atmosphere of melancholy and uneasiness is easy to read. Both characters are shivering inside and are afraid of the future. Jun-lee can't accept the loss of 2 years from her life. Dong-hwi is sure that life as an adult is meaningless. We follow they during meetings and talks. And watch what influence those conversations have.

As I've written: art is awesome! All backgrounds, chiaroscuros are perfect. It gives so much pleasure just to look at them. I love the plot too. The questions characters ask comes to my mind too and I'm glad I can find some new point of view. It's a great manhwa with atmosphere which suits autumn perfectly. The only thing I can add is the dialog with my best friend (she prefers anime and is more critical than me)
Bas (after reading chap 3): 'Ahh, I'm so glad I've found this manhwa!'
Hy-Taichou: 'I'm glad too!'


Akuma to Love Song chap 43 

Next fine chapter. Maybe nothing important is happening but it's not boring too. As usual in this manga.

Plot:  
Maria is having nightmares, Kanda is calling to her every night to be sure she would sleep peacefully.  One day Maria, Anna, Kanda and Meguro meet up to start working on their performance. Anna gives Maria lyrics she wrote. They are full of hate. Maria says Anna hadn't written her true feelings. Anna runs away crying. 

My thoughts: 
 I love this story for not being only romance shoujo. From the very beginning it is about friendship. I adore characters for their faults, for their falls and getting ups. And Kanda is so cool *_* Firstly I accepted the idea of relationship between Maria and Meguro. 2 outsiders helping each other... Quite cute thing. But I lost all my respect after Meguro backed out. Kanda who is trying to solve the problem, not to run away makes me admiring him. On the other hand, Anna freaks me out. I really don't understand her! What does she want Maria to do? Why can't she stop lying? She is in her own closed world and nothing can't help her before she decide to look for a help by herself.

Watashi ni XX Shinasai! chap 17

It was quite a long waiting... As I've read, chap 18 is in raws already... But now let's concentrate on 17th^^

Yes, yes, yes it's XX Shina mood inside ^^ A little smut, but not to much ;) Makes you drool a bit ^^ And some funny scenes are here too ^^ I love, love this climate *_*
This pic is awesome! (image from mangareader)

Plot:
Shigure is teasing Yukina in  a library. She lost her temper and shouts at him so she lost a game with this &$%#% girl - Mami. Mami says as a prize she wants Yukina to do special task. As it turns out, in  Ferris Wheel cabin Yukina has to confess to Akira. She do it as a practice for her novel, but Akira responses her very seriously. All the thing is watched by Shigure. What will happen when they reach the ground again?

Thoughts: 
Some time ago I read the translation of  this chapter without images and I was disgusted a bit. The words have different meaning when they are alone. Today, I've enjoyed the chapter. It's funny Mimi is the only one who is caring about her schemes. It looks like the rest have got good time in amusement park. Till the moment of embracing, of course. And I'm pretty sure Mimi's plan won't work. Long misunderstandings doesn't suit this story. 


Billion Princess chaps 19-20
image form mangareader  

A lot of  Billion Princess recently. Today we've got chap 19, 20 and extra chapter. After Yin vanished again it's nice to watch how relationships between Bai-Yao, Tien and Shen are developing. My eyes have been caught by Bai-Yao hair. Her hairdos are so pretty! And at the end of chap 20 she looks gorgeous!

Plot:
Chap 19: Shen is ashamed for Bai seeing his kiss. She says she would support him and starts to avoid Tien. They meet in studio an old acquaintance of Tien - Shu-er. She is looking for a new roommate. Bai decides to move out. During moving house Tien admit to Shu-er he likes Bai. Shen overhear that. 

Chap 20: A month has passed. Shen's single is a hit, they've got new propositions. Tien is also working hard and is writing songs for many artists. He misses Bai very much, she thinks about him a lot too. They meet at the party and drunk Tien confesses to her...


Extra Chapter: 'How Shen met Tien' story. It's side story and has no meaning for the main plot, so I won't write about it ;) It's shounen-ai :P


My thoughts:
I like Shen character very much. He is wild and caring at the same time ;) Why he isn't straight? ;( And I suppose Tien confession is too fast. I can't imagine Bai accepting his feelings at that right moment. Probably, she would do sth stupid for a sake of Shen... I've also looked closer at drawings. I must say they are not the best :P Anyway, I like this series :P

And, at the end last pic from Nineteen, Twenty-One! Enjoy!
image from mangafox
 

No comments:

Post a Comment