11/02/2010

Not so shoujo manga stuff

You know, it's impossible to live reading shoujo manga only. So I've got some other titles in my interest:P

Legend of the Sun Knight (mamaa.wordpress.com)
1. Legend of the Sun Knight
it's a stupid and hilarious manga^^ I love it^^ Maybe art is not so good... still it makes me laugh a lot^^ The thing is: there are 12 knights: Sun knight, Earth knight, Storm knight and so on... It's only a position but still it is well known how they should behave and who are they friends with and how they look like. So even if their character is totally different, they hate 'friends' and have to dye hair, they do anything to maintain the image. If you're interested in what exactly they have to do, take a look in 'Legend of the Sun Knight'

2. Samurai High School
another stupid-but-funny manga. There are twins. Boy loves to cook and is as sweet as candy, while girl is really strong and wants to become first female Universe Samurai. To fulfill her dream twins swap their roles and go to prestigious high school. Will they finish it without getting found out?

And now... Animes! Of course, they are based on mangas. And I'm sure, mangas are better... But... You can't live reading mangas only!

Bakuman (insennity.com)
3. I my me! Strawberry Eggs
I've watched first episode yet. This time it's about physical education teacher. He has to pretend being woman to get a job. From summary it looked nice, after first episode my feelings are uncertain. Not mention the main girl character is the clumsiest creature I've ever seen, I can't imagine her having romantic relationship with teacher. And after this episode it looks like this. The series has only 13 episodes, so I guess I'll watch it anyway.

4. Bakuman 
It's an anime based on a manga about making a manga which is hoped to be base of an anime ^^. The only one title of this season new animes which interested me. You may know the manga, it's quite popular. Personally, I saw her many times, but title sounds like 'monsters and mecha shounen' so I didn't even once give it a chance. At this moment it's hard to say if it was a wise decision. It's a nice story, yet I'm afraid it will make me bored quite quickly. Time will tell.

5. Nodame Cantabile
Anime about students from a music academy. Made by the same studio as Honey and Clover. I haven's started yet, but I'm quite positive I would love it like I love Honey and Clover.

Bartender (www.liquorsnob.com)
6. Bartender 
 There's a magic pub with a barman known as the 'Glass of God'. People who are lost in life come here to be listened and to drink a perfectly made best suited for them drink. It's a series you may watch one episode from time to time, sipping it like a drink. And it's great. I fell in love with the atmosphere.

Oder downloaded recently titles:
Arakawa under the Bridge, Angel Beats! (my  notebook is too slow, so I can't watch it), Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, GTO (it's a shame I haven't watched it yet), Welcome to the NHL, Machiko to Hitachin and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

As you can see: I can't rest without new stories... I stopped with picking new manga and here we are...

2 comments:

  1. Opisy spoko. Nie skorzystam z sprawdzenia tego w praktyce bo wiesz jak reaguje na shoujo :-P

    Nuraryhion no Mago to ta o której ci kiedyś tam wspomniałem. Albo nie tobie? Ale fajna. Anime lepiej zrobione ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... i've forgotten my password. I'm at home in Bydgoszcz and i have to wait till i return to Cracov before I post anything -_-; so wait until Tuesday. Sorry about that :(

    ReplyDelete